Moving into a new home – whether it’s across town or across the country – is an exciting venture. But it is also an experience that involves a lot of planning and packing.
Not sure where to start when it comes to preparing your home and family for the big move?
Check out our week-by-week checklist for some advice. You can even download a copy below to check off as you go!
7 WeeksEarly Organization - Select a moving date and begin organizing boxes and supplies.
4 WeeksPlan Ahead - From shopping for a new cable packages to meal prepping for the weeks ahead, there is lots to do.
3 WeeksReach Out - Loan providers, credit card companies and more all need your new address.
1 WeekFinish Packing - Get all those boxes packed and your home cleaned from floor to ceiling.
1 Week AfterGet Settled - Spend the week unpacking boxes and making your new space feel like home.
2 Weeks AfterExplore the Neighborhood - Start spending time around town as your house begins to come together!
- How to Choose a Professional Mover
- How to Pack Fragile Items
- Items to Leave Behind When Moving
- How to Pack a Moving Essentials Box
- Tips for Unpacking Your New Home
- Five Spots to Clean When Moving Into a New Home
- Advice for Moving with Children
- Making Your Move Stress-Free for Pets
- Tips for Adjusting to Your New Home