Moving into a new home – whether it’s across town or across the country – is an exciting venture. But it is also an experience that involves a lot of planning and packing. use the moving checklist below to easily break up what needs to be done when.
Not sure where to start when it comes to preparing your home and family for the big move?
Check out our week-by-week checklist for some advice. You can even download a copy below to check off as you go!
7 WeeksEarly Organization - Select a moving date and begin organizing boxes and supplies.
4 WeeksPlan Ahead - From shopping for a new cable packages to meal prepping for the weeks ahead, there is lots to do.
3 WeeksReach Out - Loan providers, credit card companies and more all need your new address.
1 WeekFinish Packing - Get all those boxes packed and your home cleaned from floor to ceiling.
1 Week AfterGet Settled - Spend the week unpacking boxes and making your new space feel like home.
2 Weeks AfterExplore the Neighborhood - Start spending time around town as your house begins to come together!
- How to Choose a Professional Mover
- How to Pack Fragile Items
- Items to Leave Behind When Moving
- How to Pack a Moving Essentials Box
- Tips for Unpacking Your New Home
- Five Spots to Clean When Moving Into a New Home
- Advice for Moving with Children
- Making Your Move Stress-Free for Pets
- Tips for Adjusting to Your New Home