Founded The Highland-Worldwide Group of Companies in 1969 with two trucks and a 1,500 sq. ft. warehouse in North Vancouver B.C. Operating as Highland Van & Storage Ltd, he grew his business during the 1970’s and expanded the company’s services from local moving and storage in the Greater Vancouver area to providing provincial and inter-provincial moving services through affiliations with various van lines including our current van line affiliate, Atlas Van Lines.
In 1978, seeing the expanding needs for families moving overseas, he founded Worldwide Overseas Moving Service Inc. to provide full destination and origin services for families moving to and from Canada.
During the 1980’s, Harry continued to grow the business with the help of his two sons Alan and Robert. In 1995, an opportunity was present to Harry to expand to Vancouver Island with the acquisition of Dowell’s Moving & Storage Ltd. and later in 2003, with the acquisition of Summit Moving & Storage Ltd. he expanding the company services into the Fraser Valley.
Today, under the leadership of Harry’s sons, Alan and Robert, Harry’s legacy for providing quality moving services to either locally, nationally or internationally continues to meet the needs of families.
The Highland-Worldwide Group of moving services is focused on the continuous improvement and guarantee of our total quality service package.
- We take great pride in what we do and assure our clients peace of mind
- Our team, values each client and treats them with respect and integrity
- We are experts in Household Goods Forwarding and a leader in our industry
- The key to our success is personalized and professional service with a commitment to growth based on a systematic and continuous search for excellence
- We do business by creating a win-win partnership with our clients, suppliers, colleagues, agents, and the general public.